Free Literacy and Numeracy Course for 16yrs – 59yrs
Whether you just want to #LevelUP your skillset, or you just need those final few credits for your NCEA Level 1 or 2, here at Kershaw Training we want to help you achieve those goals, whatever they may be.
Duration: 6 weeks
Schedule: 9-2.30pm (suit school hours)
Fulltime or part-time available
Location: Frankton and Huntly
At Kershaw Training, we have the hard out whānau feels, which means we are dedicated to helping you achieve your goals
What our Literacy & Numeracy course helps with
We supply all our tauira with BusIT cards to help with getting to and from campus and yes, we will even pay to help you get your drivers licence upon completion of the course!
We understand that there is life outside of the campus (because it’s the same for us) and so we run our hours to suit parents who are looking to get back into the workforce or back into studying
What does the course cover?
- Basic number knowledge
- addition, subtraction, multiplication, division
- Critical thinking
- Strategies to do them with or without calculators
- Strategies to help with memory and working things out quickly
- Critical Thinking
- Learning new words
- expanding word knowledge
- Filling in forms correctly
- Public speaking practice
- Basic use of a computer and various online applications
What can I do after I’ve finished the course?
Making sure you feel comfortable and confident is our number one priority, whether that’s filling in applications or forms or helping tamariki with homework
But because we cater your course to personally suit you, your goal becomes the goal of Kershaw Training.
You’ve joined the Kershaw Training whānau so we will hustle together in ensuring:
- We help you get back or enter into employment
- Move into further higher education
- Help to get you your drivers license
- Help prepare you for entry into a specific industry of your choice
- Help you navigate employment processes
Come see us and let us help you #LevelUP
BOOK A TIME BELOW